Michael A. Lampert, ESQ.
- J.D. Duke University
- Phi Alpha Delta ( Chapter Justice, 1981 - 1982 )
- B.A. cum laude, University of Miami, 1979
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Palm Beach County Bar Association.
- The Florida Bar (Chair, Tax Section).
- Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel.
- Member, Tax Law Certification Committee of the Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education (2003 - 2009)
- Past President, Palm Beach Tax Institute
- Offshore Financial Accts IRS Voluntary Disclosure Initiative, 'Round 2,'" The Elder Law Advocate, Vol. XIX, No. 1 (Spring 2011)
- "Using IRS Form 56-Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship as a Tool," The Elder Law Advocate, Vol. XIX, No. 2 (Summer 2011)
- "Obtaining Releases of Federal Tax Liens," The Practical Tax Lawyer, Vol. 14 Number 1 (Fall, 1999)
Michael A. Lampert is a Florida Bar Board Certified tax lawyer in private practice in West Palm Beach, Florida where he concentrates his practice in the areas of taxation and business and estate planning and administration, with an emphasis on tax controversy matters. Mr. Lampert was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and attended the University of Miami (A.B., cum laude, 1979); Tel Aviv Faculty of Law, Joint program with Temple University School of Law, Ramat Aviv, Israel, 1981; Duke University, (J.D., 1983); New York University, (LL.M. in Taxation, 1984).
He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1983, the Bars of Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Tax Court in 1984, to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces in 1995 and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida in 2000. Mr. Lampert is a member of the Taxation, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, and Elder Law sections of the Florida Bar and both the National and Florida Associations of Elder Law Attorneys, as well as the South Florida Tax Litigation Association. He a past Chair of the Florida Bar Tax Section and has served as a Director of its Education, Administration and Long Range Planning Divisions. He received the 1993 Tax Law Award from The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County and The Palm Beach County Bar Association. He is listed in Who's Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law, and selected as a Super Lawyer in Florida Super Lawyers
He is also a Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel. He served for six years on the Tax Law Certification Committee of the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. Mr. Lampert frequently lectures before both professional and community organizations, including such organizations as The Florida Bar, the Palm Beach County Tax Institute (past President), Palm Beach County Chapters of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Palm Beach-Martin County Estate Planning Council, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, Hunter College, the University of Florida School of Law Graduate Program in Taxation, the University of Miami School of Law Graduate Program in Taxation and the Tax Section of the American Bar Association. He also served for many years as an Instructor in the Continuing Education Division of Florida Atlantic University and on the editorial board of the CCH Publication Sales and Use Tax Alert. He is also past Chairman of the Palm Beaches - Treasure Coast Region Area Chapter of the American Red Cross.